How Mather Economics helps wineries prosper with big data.
A massive opportunity exists for wineries to unlock the potential of their first party data, but getting there requires some expertise in data wrangling and predictive analytics. The dedicated team at Mather can show you how to take DTC to the next level.
COMMON QUESTIONS & EXPERT ANSWERS
- What can I expect from using your wine analytics that I won’t get from other vendors?
At Mather, we focus on helping companies leverage their own first-party data to develop keen insights and recommendations. We believe that consulting firms should be more than just data or dashboard providers and should act as an extension of your team, consistently working to make world class analytics accessible and actionable to drive positive and measurable business outcomes. Because of our deep level of integration, our clients tend to view us as partners instead vendors.
- Tell me what does wine club member ‘lifecycle management’ mean exactly?
The goal of a successful program is to help our wine clients implement a strong wine club member lifecycle management strategy from the onboarding process, to churn prevention tactics, to helping you acquire your best possible members. We want to help you optimize the revenue yield from your new releases and package your club offerings to drive revenue and club retention. Ultimately, we want you to be able to continue to use all of your internal data to grow your business now and into the future.
- Do you use my first party data and how much work does our team have to do to get it to you?
Our modeling is comprised of many different data elements, but it all begins with your internal operations and customer data. In a typical engagement, Mather will work directly with your data platform provider (Wine Direct or Order Port) and pull all necessary data directly from them to keep your work in this area to a minimum. Our goal is to be an extension of your winery’s team—the data analytics arm— so that you can concentrate on the more important issue of making great wine!
- ‘Turnkey process’ means that you will deliver churn and reacquisition campaigns to us to execute. Do we have the ability to build our own campaigns?
As we mentioned earlier, our wine services are custom to every winery but we have established a core set of campaigns that most wineries will need to positively impact churn reduction and secure new wine club members. Those campaigns can be automated and sent to you on a calendar timeline. Clients also have the ability to use the scored data to build their own campaigns by simply downloading the active or former members data and executing their own internal efforts. Additionally, you can ask us to help you build additional campaigns as a part of our service—at no additional charge.
- Do you offer services related to the Wholesale side of the wine industry? Yes, we have a number of clients who have provided us with data to help them address challenges related to wholesale inventory depletion to distributor allowance analytics. If you have the data, chances are good that we can help you find a solution. Let’s talk about your custom analytics needs.
ASK THE EXPERTS
Matthew manages the wine analytics practice at Mather Economics. His research has focused on the application of econometrics in wine to drive revenue through reduced wine club churn, improved customer acquisition, and more efficient pricing. Matthew holds a master’s degree in applied economics from Florida Atlantic University.
A determined business executive, with more than 30 years of experience, helping media clients solve ‘last mile problems’. Bob’s diverse skillset expands into the media, wine, HVAC, TeleCom, lottery, and automotive industries, where Mather Economics’ data analytics expertise is providing winning insights.