Mather Economics | Insights
May 17, 2022
Stop counting page views and focus on what really matters. REVENUE!
For those that missed last month’s Mather Economics’ Optimize + Monetize Your Digital Content Strategy Online Forum, not to worry, our team has curated some key takeaways and included the webinar recording for your review.
Watch here 👉
Mather Economics, the global leader in subscription analytics and yield management, hosted an online forum in April 2022 to discuss best practices for optimizing products and content to capture maximum revenue from subscriptions, advertising, and other sources.
Our distinguished panelists from Folha de S. Paulo, Crain Communications, and Mediahuis, shared a lot of valuable insights.
- Digital transformation requires a unified approach between newsroom, marketing, and technology stakeholders
- Key to aligning the newsroom was to keep things simple (using metrics highly correlated with selling subscriptions) and avoid drowning in dashboards
- Keep the newsroom tightly in sync with subscription goals by giving actionable data on how they can have a direct impact
- Surprisingly, our online poll indicated nearly one-quarter of attendees use page views as the primary metric or did not have a north star
- Consumer marketing tactics work best when promoting content and should be coordinated with the newsroom (focus on the content, not the offer)
- Top recommendations from our expert panelists:
- Get the details right. They can make a big difference, especially in the user experience
- Don’t use broad averages
- Segment your audience
A special thanks to our panelists Veebha Mehta of Crain Communications (USA), Yves van Dooren of Mediahuis (EUROPE), Anderson Demien of Folha de S. Paulo (LATAM), and of course, our digital in-house expert, Arvid Tchivzhel of Mather Economics (USA/EUROPE).
Watch recording here 👉
Are you ready to implement a Premium Content strategy? Connect with us➡️
Empower your newsroom! Let Mather’s Premium Content Engine automate and maximize your content decisions.