- This event has passed.
ITEGA Webinar: The Digital Tsunami: Exploring the Shifts in Identity and Privacy
January 21, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Leveraging digital identity helped digital advertising become the multi-billion dollar industry it is today. But new data protection laws and marketplace shifts signal changes to today’s current data-driven system that implicate identity and privacy. How might these changes affect how new organizations monetize and deliver quality content? This webinar will ask:
- What is the role of digital identity when it comes to advertising?
- How have marketplace changes impacted this space? For example, how will changes to IDFA and the cookie-less future impact identity, privacy and digital advertising?
- What is the state of privacy and data protection regulation law, federally and on a state level?
- How might state and federal antitrust and privacy investigations impact advertising?
- Can ad tech become a trusted ecosystem? If so, how
- What’s the relationship between online privacy and journalism?
- Which news organizations have already embraced secure digital identity and privacy? What’s worked and what has not?
- How might news organizations leverage marketplace and regulatory changes to become sustainable?
PARTICIPANTS CONFIRMED FOR JAN. 21:
- Arvid Tchivzhel, Managing Director, Digital Services, Mather Economics
- Alan Butler, Interim Executive Director / general counsel, Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Danielle Coffey, SVP, General Counsel, News Media Alliance
- U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., Ranking Member, subcommittee on communications, tech, innovation and the Internet (invited)
- Lisa Macpherson, Senior Policy Fellow, Public Knowledge
- Jordan Mitchell, SVP, Consumer Privacy, identity and data, Interactive Advertising Bureau Tech Lab
- Mathieu Roche, Co-Founder and CEO, ID5.io
- Achim Schlosser, CTO and Director, European NetID Foundation
For more information on the webinar, click here.