- This event has passed.
2021 Mather Economics Symposium – Subscriber Lifecycle Management Day 2
May 7, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
The 7th Subscriber Lifecycle Management Symposium will explore the latest trends driving the media industry’s subscription economy, presented in case study format by best-in-class speakers from across the globe during a three day program. The 2nd day will be Innovation Day: Thought Leadership and Partnership.
To learn more about the Symposium access the home page HERE
Key insights and tactics that attendees can expect from joining the Symposium:
• Optimize your subscription revenue strategies.
• Develop and manage reader revenue KPIs
• Best practices for: Acquisition, Retention, Customer Lifecycle, Pricing, Engagement, Loyalty.
• Detailed case studies on best-of-class media companies’ success with Mather.
• Learnings from other industries.
• Digital and print churn reduction and subscription conversion using AI.
• Expand your audience depth and breadth.
• Drive cost savings and efficiencies in your reader revenue operation.
• Team collaboration: How cross-functional teams drive change and ensure success.
Innovation Day: Thought Leadership and Partnership
11:00 a.m. ET
Welcome and Recap
Gannett’s subscription strategy: Operating at the intersection of brand and growth, purpose & profitability
Mayur Gupta, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer, Gannett/USA Today
Case Study Benchmarking Data-Driven Success
Tim Franklin, Sr. Associate Dean, Medill School of Journalism
Edward Malthouse, Director of Research, Spiegel initiative, Northwestern University
How the benchmarking tool would shape McClatchy’s reader revenue strategy
Shannan Bowen, Director of Product Engagement, McClatchy
Targeted products at the forefront of The Economist’s subscription growth strategy
Claire Overstall, Global Head of Customer, The Economist
Cost saving model: Saving credit card fees
How Oahu Publishing saved $1 million on credit card fees
Aaron Kotarek, SVP Audience & Operations, Oahu Publications
How media companies can save 50%+ on credit card fees
Sammy Papert, Media Ambassador, Menio Global
Industry Spotlight on Sports
Major League Baseball TV and season tickets: Optimizing the fan lifecycle
John Tierney, Senior Director of Ticketing, Major League Baseball (MLB)
Recap and close